It’s time for an update on how we’re doing with our 2015 financial plan. In case you missed it, here’s where I laid out all of our financial goals for the year. So let’s talk about how we did in March and April!
- Pay off two credit cards that we have small balances on – We’ve paid off one of these credit cards so far. It looks like the other one will be paid off by mid-June. Hooray!
- Pay off my student loans – No change here yet (other than paying the minimum each month).
- Pay off half of a credit card that we have a large balance on – No change here yet (other than paying the minimum each month).
- Save one month of income for our emergency fund – This is one of the priorities after we pay off the second credit card above in June.
- Save a down payment to buy a house – No change here yet.
- Fund our medical savings account for the year – This is the other priority after we pay off the second credit card above in June.
- Do the 52-Week Money Savings Challenge and stick that money in our emergency fund – We’ve kept up with this every month this year so far.