It’s time for the next monthly update on how we’re doing with our 2013 financial plan. In case you missed it, here’s where I laid out all of our financial goals for the year. So let’s talk about how we did in June!
Pay off our car loan- Done! We accomplished this in January. Pay off the smallest student loan we have- Done! We accomplished this in February.
- Pay off all of my student loans - No real change here (just paid the minimum due). This is currently the goal we’re attacking.
Fully fund our general savings account for our current adventure- We finished this in June! In case you missed it, here’s “our current adventure” that we were saving for! It’s an amazing feeling to have this buffer. Already the funds have come in handy as we’ve used some of them to pick up some of the baby things we need, pay some medical bills, etc. I think we might end up having a good chunk leftover after the baby arrives, and in that case we’ll probably put all the funds into our emergency fund.
- Get our emergency fund up to two months worth of income - No real change here (just deposited the standard amount we do every month). We’ll take this up at the end of the year, most likely.
- Set up a retirement account - Haven’t done this yet. I don’t see us doing this until the end of the year either.
Other Financial Goals
- Live off of one income - We’re getting closer to this! But we’re not there yet. That’s one reason our next goal to attack is paying off my student loans. We need to free up that monthly payment amount in order to get really close to this goal.
- Buy life insurance - Haven’t done this yet.
- Create wills - Haven’t done this yet.
Close three credit accounts we never use and that have no balance- Done! We accomplished this in March.
It’s the last day of July and I’m just now publishing our June update. That pretty much sums up what life has been like this summer. Life has been nuts. But, we did get a big savings goal done in June, and I see us paying off our last debt goal here relatively quickly (in a few months), so I guess amidst the chaos we’re still doing well. God continues to be faithful!
So tell me – how was June for you?
Image Credit: kenteegardin