I am so thrilled to be a part of this fabulous blog series! Have you read through the other posts in the series yet? Find any keeper recipes? My taste buds are going crazy!
Back in 2009, my husband and I took a (very, very frugal) trip to Italy. We visited Rome, Florence, and Venice. We fell in love with Italy on that trip and we plan to spend a lot of time there in the future – when we’re done having babies, when those babies are a little bit older, and when we’ve paid off debt and such (though we hope to sneak in another very, very frugal trip sometime in the not-too-incredibly-far-off future).
It was in Italy that I fell in love with tomatoes (a food I absolutely hated before) – probably because they were everywhere and in everything! Italy is also where I realized the beautiful combination of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves that is Caprese Salad.
To me, Caprese Salad is so quintessentially summer. Add this Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette to it (made using Young Living Essential Oils and based on this recipe), and you have a light, fresh, and easy summer side dish. I love to make this to take on picnics or to cookouts with family and friends.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh mozzarella, cut into chunks (or you can use little fresh mozzarella balls)
- Basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste (I used about ½ tsp)
- Pepper, to taste (I used about ¼ tsp)
- 3 drops of Basil essential oil (I recommend using Young Living Essential Oils)
- 3 drops of Lemon essential oil (I recommend using Young Living Essential Oils)
- Assemble the Caprese Salad (the tomatoes, the mozzarella, and the basil leaves) in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, pepper, Basil essential oil, and Lemon essential oil) to a blender or a food processor and mix until combined.
- Add the Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette to the Caprese Salad and eat up!
Ready to Start Caring for Yourself and Your Family Naturally with Essential Oils?
The more I use Young Living Essential Oils, the more they just blow me away with their healing properties. These oils have changed my life! If you’d like to learn more about Young Living Essential Oils (and make this your healthiest year yet), click here to read a whole bunch of information I’ve put together for you (or contact the person who introduced you to the Essentially Summer Blogger Recipe Series).
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The products discussed are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Views expressed are from an Independent Distributor, not a medical professional, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Young Living Essential Oils. Views expressed only apply to Young Living Essential Oils (not other essential oil brands). Individual results may vary.
Image Credit: Young Living Essential Oils